I just wanted to share a few pictures from my friend April's baby shower! April is due in April and we all got together a few Saturdays ago to celebrate her and the little (or should I say big because the baby is already in the 90th percentile for size!) bun in her oven.
Our friend Allison was in charge of the decorations so she and I got together to plan some fun centerpieces!
The theme was Classic Pooh so we wanted to make it very rustic with muted pastels. Here is what we came up with:
- Mason jars filled with different kinds of honey from Whole Foods. These cute little honey dippers were tied on with ribbon and labels for the honey
- The jars of honey were placed on a bed of moss, continuing the rustic theme
- On each table, we put either a Pooh, Piglet or Eeyore in the center with groups of three clear polka dot balloons tied to their arm
- Yellow, white and green flowers were bought at Whole Foods and arranged in mason jars
- A runner of burlap was draped across each table
- Special thank you to Allison's father who was in charge of the wood. He sliced the large wooden discs from a log on their "farm". You can find large pieces of wood on sites like Etsy but they were pretty pricey.
The jars of honey and stuffed animals were given away as prizes for the game of "Shower Bingo" that was played. It was a lovely day and we are all so excited for April and Nick!
Another thank you goes out to Alison's boyfriend, Mark, who was able to get in touch with his feminine side by helping to put all of this together :)